Friday, November 05, 2010

International Day

Last Friday was International Day at ISB. Kids and parents went to school wearing their countries' national costumes. There were song and dance numbers, a mini parade of nations, and booths selling food from different countries.

Big Girl has a Baro't Saya (the Philippine costume for girls), which I bought  at SM before we came here. Unfortunately, it's still too long for her so we decided on something more casual but actually more appropriate for the Filipino-Canadian that she is. A black cap that says CANADA, a black shirt that says PHILIPPINES, plus a Philippine and Canadian flag!


Proudly Filipino-Canadian

Mr. Big wearing his TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS shirt. He had this for years now, but hadn't worn it in public until that day. Big Boy is wearing a shirt that says CANADA. I wore a shirt that says BORACAY PHILIPPINES.


The Pinoy booth selling puto, kutchinta, pansit, bibingka, cassava cake, and banana cues (from me----I didn't make them though, I ordered them from a manang)


A nice lady from Australia looking sooo cute in her pink robe and rollers while selling some yummy treats.

It was a fun but tiring day for our "international" family. We all fell asleep as soon as we got home. I woke up around 3 pm finding myself still on the couch, feeling like I slept forever, and the kids and Mr. Big sleeping on the carpet, looking like refugees!

No comments: